- RBI presents growth plans to investors in New York City
- 40,000 restaurants will make RBI one of the largest restaurant companies in the world
- Highlights substantial runway for future sales growth in home markets and around the world
- Coffee, burger and chicken QSR markets expected to grow 5-6% per year for the next 5 years
- Strength of global master franchise network expected to drive long-term expansion
- Compelling financial model designed to generate strong growth and shareholder returns
TORONTO, May 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ – Restaurant Brands International Inc. (TSX/NYSE: QSR, TSX: QSP) (“RBI”) today is hosting its first investor day in New York City to outline growth plans for Burger King®, Tim Hortons® and Popeyes®, including plans to grow from approximately 26,000 restaurants to more than 40,000 restaurants globally over the next 8-10 years. This will make Restaurant Brands International one of the largest restaurant companies in the world.
RBI is well-positioned to take advantage of compelling long-term growth in the global quick service restaurant (QSR) market, with the 5-year outlook for growth in the global burger market expected to be 5% annually and growth in the global coffee and chicken markets expected to be 6% annually.
Over the past few years, RBI has built a master franchise network in global markets to drive significant growth in its restaurant brands, resulting in the expansion of its restaurant base from approximately 12,000 in 2010 to nearly 26,000 today, growing system-wide sales from ~$15 billion to over ~$32 billion in the same time period.
Jose Cil, Chief Executive Officer of Restaurant Brands International Inc. (“RBI”) commented, “RBI is fundamentally a growth company, with three amazing, iconic brands that we believe have a very long runway for growth – both at home and around the world. We have a proven history of generating very strong returns for our shareholders and today we are excited to share more insight than we ever have before to support our belief that all three brands have substantial growth ahead.”
A live audio webcast will be available on the company’s investor relations website (http://investor.rbi.com) starting at 9:00AM ET, and will be available for 30 days following the event.