Crock Pot Creamy and Cheesy Spinach Dip
- 2 packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed ((10 ounce packages))
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 12 ounces pasteurized processed cheese spread with jalapeno peppers, cubed
- Cherry Tomoatoes with pulp removed ((Optional))
- Sliced Cucumbers ((Optional))
- Assorted Crackers ((Optional))
Drain spinach and squeeze dry, reserving ¾ cup liquid. Place spinach, reserved liquid, onions, salt, garlic powder and pepper into 1 ½ quart or other small sized Crock pot slow cooker; stir to blend
Cover; cook on HIGH for 1.5 hours
Stir in the cheese and cook for another 30 minutes longer or until melted. Fill cherry tomato shells, spread on cucumber slices or serve with crackers, as desired.
Tip: To thaw spinach quickly, remove paper from spinach containers. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until just thawed.